My seventh guest blogger is Allison Jones. Allison is a Brooklyn based blogger and advocate for education equality and millennial leadership in public service. You can find her on twitter @ajlovesya, on facebook, or visit her at allisonj.org
Allison Jones, Millennial Leader: How I Have Fun, Do Good
How do I have fun and do good?
I invite people along for the ride.
|A group of us touring, studying, and volunteering in Cape Town, South Africa|
How is this fun? Seeing people realize that they can do good no matter where they are is a blessing. When people realize that change isn't something only special people can do, or that taking action doesn't look one way, it brings them closer to getting involved, and that gets me pumped.
From there, we build communities of people who care. Of course, there will always be tension, but when we get involved with the world around us, we start having more meaningful conversations and pushing ourselves. I have fun and do good by living as though everyone wants to have fun and do good.
If you like this post, you might also like:
- How to Find Your Have Fun, Do Good
- Zen Peacekeeper, Marianne Elliott, Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Leonie Allan of Goddess Guidebook Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Amy Potthast, Idealist.org: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Amy Sample Ward, Community Builder and NPtechie: How I Have Fun and Do Good
- Jennifer Moore, Monaluna Designs: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer: How I Have Fun, Do Good
Post a Comment
If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.