Kimberly is a teacher, writer, do-gooder, entrepreneur, and eco-fashion designer currently obsessed with Paris, potbelly pigs, and all things sparkly. She is the creative director and founder of Tranquil Space (named among the top 25 yoga studios in the world by Travel + Leisure), author of Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista, and holds a Masters in Women's Studies. She blogs and podcasts at Tranquility du Jour and tweets at @kimberlywilson. You can follow her on Facebook at facebook.com/kimberlywilson.
Kimberly Wilson, Tranquility du Jour: How I Have Fun, Do Good
When I started Tranquil Space in my living room in 1999, creating a socially conscious business was always my intention. Through volunteering, donating classes to community raffles, and holding events to raise money for various causes, I've always hoped that I was planting seeds of happiness for others.
|Kimberly and Walter the piglet|
As a blog and podcast hostess, I'm constantly searching for ways to offer up ongoing inspiration by featuring fellow do-gooders, sharing daily struggles, and encouraging ongoing exploration. And, yes, I'm having fun along the way by doing my best to leave a legacy. Nothing could be more rewarding!
And, to top it off, I'm obsessed with pigs. Literally. Meeting Walter the piglet - who fell off of a transport truck - during a recent visit to The Pig Sanctuary in West Virginia was truly one of my happiest days this year. I've recently discovered Humane Society University and hope to take classes to help better inform my passion for doing good for the animals. Oui, I do love people but there is something so special, fragile, and oh-so-freakin' cute about animals - especially pigs! Have I mentioned pigs?
If you liked this post, you might also like:
- My November 2009 Big Vision Podcast interview with Kimberly
- How to Find Your Have Fun, Do Good
- Zen Peacekeeper, Marianne Elliott, Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Leonie Allan of Goddess Guidebook Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Amy Potthast, Idealist.org: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Amy Sample Ward, Community Builder and NPtechie: How I Have Fun and Do Good
- Jennifer Moore, Monaluna Designs: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Allison Jones, Millennial Leader: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Beth Terry, Fake Plastic Fish: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Katya Andresen, Network for Good: How I Have Fun Do Good