I'm Hosting the Carnival of Nonprofit Consultants on Monday, October 1st and am looking for submissions by Friday, September 28th. The carnival is a collection of advice and resources that consultants and other support organizations offer to nonprofits through their blogs each week.
The theme is, How Does Your Nonprofit Have Fun and Do Good? Taking on the world's challenges can be serious business, but to keep doing social change work for the long haul you need to find a balance between serious and silly for your constituents, your colleagues and yourself.
Here are few examples:
* LOLNPTECH.ORG: Comic Relief for the Nonprofit Technology Community
* Do-Gooders and Good Humor Mix Well on Non-Profit Nights, and That's No Joke
* Humorous Amnesty International YouTube video raises awareness about "extraordinary rendition" (outsourcing torture).
* National Cupcakes for a Cause Week October 15-21
Your post can be about:
1. Your favorite fun, creative nonprofit campaign (i.e. fundraising, advocacy).
2. How you make nonprofit work fun for you, your colleagues and constituents.
3. Your own take on the theme.
**Extra points if you include an amusing photo, cartoon or video with your post.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your blog’s name and the URL of the post (not your blog homepage) by September 28th, Friday, 8:00 p.m. ET.
I'll pick 7 posts to highlight during the October 1st Carnival.
Red Velvet Cupcake photo by me.