Monday, November 30, 2009

Have Fun Do Good Day: Even When It Isn't One

Getting back into the swing of things after a long weekend can be . . . OK, let's say it, not fun! So . . . how can you have a have fun do good day when you're not feeling great?

1. Do something nice for someone else. Today is my 4th day of the 29 Day Giving Challenge. I haven't decided what I am going to give today, but so far I've found that giving my time, whether that is by listening, sharing my expertise, or spending time together when I feel like I don't have any free time, has been the most rewarding.

2. Make a quick "I'm thankful for list." My friend Heather Meyer put up an inspiring blog post before Thanksgiving about creating an I'm Thankful List. Here's my quick list:

I'm thankful for:
3. Move. Jennifer Lee of the Life Unfolds blog recently gave me a pair of MuseCubes, a set of two handmade dice. One cube tells you how to move your body, and the other tells you a sound to make while moving. It may sound silly, but they really do make you feel better. 10-20 minute walks are a good option too.

4. Have a treat. One of the chapters of The Joy Diet, which I just finished, is about giving yourself treats throughout the day, and especially after you take a risk. I have a *big* sweet tooth, so I just treated myself to a piece of Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake from Fat Free Vegan Kitchen, that I made last night. Big thanks to HappyKatie for telling me about the recipe! It's freakalicious.

How do you have a have fun do good day, even when it doesn't start out like one?


Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying the MuseCubes, Britt. They ARE silly -- I still haven't gotten over feeling a little shy when I use them, and I'm the INVENTOR, for goodness sakes. That's why I love doing them with other people, like we did at Jenn's Right Brain Business Plan workshop. I find that the company of others does wonders for own ability to be confidently silly.

    P.S. I love walks, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Langer / @gotbrain4:49 PM

    Great post - thanks!I've sent the link to so many people already today.

    A suggestion on the Giving Challenge - don't leave yourself off of the "I'm giving to..." list while you're giving to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Britt, for your unfailing positiveness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late for Thanksgiving but will work again for December holidays:

    http://cortcom.blogspot.com/2009/11/had-it-whipped-make-paper-turkey.html

    Thanks for showing that having fun and making a difference aren't mutually exclusive. Ok, now back to work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gretchen - Thanks for the great invention.

    Mark- Thanks for sharing the post with your peeps, and for the suggestion. Ya gotta keep the well full before you can give to others, right?

    Margaux - Thank YOU for reading (:

    Lisbeth - Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact