Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Create and Connect: 100 Letters for the Last 100 Days of 2011


In my September 11th post, Last 100 Days of 2011: How Will You Make Time for What Really Matters?, I asked:
Is there something you can commit to doing every day for those 100 days that would bring you, and the people around you joy?
Have you chosen something?

I enjoyed writing a letter during the 40 days leading up to my 40th birthday so much that I've decided to do it again for the last 100 days of 2011 (September 23-December 31).  This time, I'm going to create the letter, or card, as well as write it.  I like to paint and collage blank cards and postcards, like these:









During my 40th birthday letter writing, I wrote to people about how they had made a positive impact on my life.  For this experiment, I can write about whatever I want, and to whomever I want.

I'd love to hear how you're going to make time for what matters during the last 100 days of 2011. If you're afraid to commit to doing something daily because you might stop in the middle, don't sweat it. Have fun with the process, or as a fortune cookie I opened recently said, "No man is a failure who is enjoying life."


All images are by me (:


Bookmark and Share

Share

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Britt! Very inspiring. You are giving me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so FABULOUS! Love the idea and love your artworks. What a wonderful way to bring joy to people. I'm happy just reading about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Thanks for this challenge! I am going to try to be more mindful of my social networking time. I wrote about it here and thanks again! Sarah

    http://secondcityslicker.blogspot.com/2011/09/day-99.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you decide to do, Tristy?

    Thanks, Sherry (:

    Second City Slicker, good for you! Have you read Gwen Bell's writings about taking a digital sabbatical?
    http://www.gwenbell.com/digital-sabbatical/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! 100 people are surely going to be delighted to open these lovelies!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact