Monday, September 26, 2011

Meatless Monday: Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Mushrooms

Meatless Monday is a nonprofit initiative of The Monday Campaigns. Their goal is to help reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal and planetary health.  Each week I share meatless recipes I've tried from cookbooks and online.  You can see past Meatless Monday posts by clicking here.


Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Mushrooms  

This quick dish by Nigella Lawson is one of my go-tos on busy nights. All you have to do is cook the pasta and add the rest of the ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mushrooms, thyme, garlic, salt, parsley).   It doesn't sound like anything special, but it's super yummy. You can see the recipe on Foodnetwork.com, or watch Nigella make it below (if the video doesn't show up for you, here's the YouTube link).

 

What yummy meatless dishes did you make last week, or do you want to make this week?

Bookmark and Share
Share

6 comments:

  1. I never eat meat, but am afraid I'm not terribly creative due to hard times financially and the price of food is so out there. I love rice, tofu, zuchinni, peppers, and garlic as a stir-fry. It's like my staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Towanda ~ Food prices are crazy, aren't they?

    I've never used it, but I've heard good things about Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas. Using 5 ingredients would keep costs down, but still offer some new recipes. Maybe your library has a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do eat meat, but like to mix it up with meatless, too. I love your pasta recipe. With all the tomatoes in my garden, I recently came up with a tomato 'cobbler'...not sweet but savory...and it's meatless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan ~

    What do you put on top of your tomato cobbler?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt,
    I make up a biscuit like topping then add grated cheese...there's a recipe on my blog Sculpting a Life, go back to September, here's the link http://sculptingalife.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-to-do-with-too-many-tomatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan ~ Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact