“I like people, words, technology and telling the truth.”
This is the headline of my Twitter account and accurately expresses what makes me happy and keeps me in “flow.”
Developing deep, engaging, inspired and inspiring relationships with my nearest and dearest is one of the great joys of my life.
I also LOVE being a connector, coach and mentor to others and helping them to succeed.
Words are another passion of mine. For me there is nothing like the thrill of curling up in bed with a book or polishing off a (hopefully good) blog post. It sounds “old-school” but I love to go to my local library every Saturday to wander up and down the stacks. If I'm honest, my hope is that weekly practice will spontaneously ignite the manifestation of my own memoir! Another big treat is for me is Amazon Overnight Delivery. Seeing that box on the deck after a long day of work is like magic!
Expressing my love for technology is not totally accurate. While I’m often glued to my iPhone or Mac (ask my husband and daughter), more than the devices themselves, I love the PROMISE that technology offers. Access to new and diverse individuals. The opportunity to create and be creative with little cost. Instant connection to unlimited knowledge and ideas! All of these benefits energize me and (for all of it’s challenges) I feel privileged to live with technology and in the Connected Age.
Finally, telling the truth or living an authentic life, keeps me having fun and doing good. Being honest with myself and others is critical to my happiness. And, I’m on a quest to live a more authentic life every day by staying in touch with my deepest truths, accepting (even loving) my imperfections and asking for help.
If you liked this post, you might like past Have Fun, Do Good guest posts:
- How to Find Your Have Fun, Do Good
- Zen Peacekeeper, Marianne Elliott, Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Leonie Allan of Goddess Guidebook Shares How She Has Fun, Does Good
- Amy Potthast, Idealist.org: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Amy Sample Ward, Community Builder and NPtechie: How I Have Fun and Do Good
- Jennifer Moore, Monaluna Designs: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Allison Jones, Millennial Leader: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Beth Terry, Fake Plastic Fish: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Katya Andresen, Network for Good: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Kimberly Wilson, Tranquility du Jour: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Lisa Sonora Beam, The Creative Entrepreneur: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Heather Meyer, Work it Out!: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- 7 Ways to Have Fun and Do Good
- Jennifer Lee, Right-Brain Business Plan: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Wendy Harman, Social Media Maven: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Tara Sophia Mohr, Wise Living: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Jen Louden, Savor and Serve: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Emily Goligoski, The SanFranista: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Desiree Adaway, Global Service and Leadership: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Jamie Ridler, Creative Living: How I Have Fun, Do Good
- Mary Mulliken, Intentional Motherhood: How I have Fun, Do Good
- Amy Kessel, Unfurling: How I Have Fun, Do Good