Monday, November 12, 2012

Garden Ideas Needed: Low Water, Low Maintenance and Low Cost


My yard is a disaster. It's gotten to the point where we're wondering if the neighbors will complain. I love gardens, flowers and lovely outdoor spaces, but at this time in my life I don't have the time, or resources to have an extensive garden, or well-manicured yard.

I've started a low maintenance yard/garden Pinterest board for inspiration, and would love to hear your ideas for how to create a low water, low maintenance, and low cost yard/garden. It would be nice if it was pretty too (:

A few things to keep in mind:

  • The Bay Area always seem to be in a drought, or on the edge of one, so low-water plants are key.
  • The front yard is partly sunny and partly shady. The soil is acidic from a cedar tree pouring its needles all over it.
  • The backyard is totally shady. 
  • I'm a terrible plant water-er. You don't want to see my house plants . . .

Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact