Thursday, November 01, 2012

Leaping Into NaBloPoMo. Would Love Your Support

Is there something that you think about doing that makes you feel excited-scared?  Excited because you really want to do it, but scared because you're not sure how it will turn out?

That's how I feel about joining NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). Earlier in the week, I mentioned that I've been noticing a lot of time-based challenges (e.g. Art Every Day Month), and felt called to do one. None of them felt quite right, until I stumbled upon NaBloPoMo. During the month of November, participants (including me!) will post once a day on their blog.

Why I want to  do it:

  1. After 7 + years, Have Fun, Do Good is feeling a little stagnant.  It's time to grow it, or let it go. I'm hoping this blogging challenge will help me figure out the next step in its evolution.

  2. According to the September 1999 New York Times article, Route to Creativity: Following Bliss or Dots? creativity may actually be enhanced by limits, "the real source of productive creativity may lie in art's supposed bugaboos: rules, structure, even the occasional editor or two."

  3. I love writing, and blogging in particular!
What I'm afraid of:
  1. I won't have anything to say.

  2. I'll miss days, or stop altogether.

  3. I'll lose you as a reader. I've never been a daily blogger, so some of you might not like the increased frequency. I also don't know what the heck I'm going to write about for 30 days, so some of the posts might cover things that aren't the usual Have Fun, Do Good topics. If you decide to unsubscribe, I just want to say thank you so much for reading as long as you did (:
I'd love some tips if you've embarked on a creative project that you didn't know how it would turn out, or if you would succeed, but you did it anyway. How did you keep on keeping on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact