Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Richard Branson: "Have fun, do good, and the money will come."


Like any good blogger, I follow the results of my Google Alert and Twitter Search for the phrase "have fun do good," to see who else is writing about it. I was receiving a couple search results each month (if that), until The Economist published, Richard Branson: Ricky's schemes: How to have fun, do good, and make money, last year about his book, Screw Business As Usual.

The landing page for the book on virginunite.com features this quote:
“In a nutshell, I mean that by doing good – doing the right thing – businesses will prosper. Doing the right thing can be profitable, as will be made clear by some of the stories about people and organisations that are already doing it. It’s the core message of this book. I often say, ‘Have fun and the money will come.’ I still believe that, but now I am saying, ‘Do good, have fun and the money will come.'"
In October 2012, his blog post on Virgin.com, Have fun, do good, success will come made the rounds, and a couple weeks ago, his piece, What’s the best measurement for success? Happiness, showed up on LinkedIn. In it he writes:
"Money is a by-product of bigger, more meaningful goals such as passion, fun and wisdom. As I’ve said before, have fun, do good, and the money will come."
What do you think?

 If you have fun and do good, will the money follow?

Screenshot is from Virgin Unite - Screw Business As Usual

Full disclosure: The link to Screw Business As Usual is attached to my Amazon Associates account. If you make a purchase after clicking on the link, I get a small percentage of the sale, which I'll probably use to buy more books!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact