Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Would You Share Your Medical Data To Help Others?



While working my way through the TED Talks, another one really resonated with me: John Wilbanks's talk, Let's pool our medical data.

Wilbanks runs the Consent to Research Project. They're trying to create a "massive pool of openly available, user-contributed data about health and disease" that can be used for health research. I can see some drawbacks, like big corporations using the data to create products we don't need, but other than that, I think it's an amazing idea.

What do you think? Would you share your medical data to help others?

Read about John Wilbanks' experience sharing his genotype on a public wiki. Fascinating stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are having trouble commenting, please let me know.
http://brittbravo.com/contact